Get the Full San Francisco Package!
I craft one four-hour adventure each morning just for the small group and unique goings on in the City that day. The itinerary is open - we will always stop at San Francisco’s classic landmarks like the Golden Gate Bridge and Twin Peaks and typically roll through neighborhoods like North Beach, Pacific Heights, Haight-Ashbury, Castro, and the Embarcadero.
We will also leave big buses behind and may explore street-art alleys in the Mission, mosaic stairways in the Sunset, the laid-back vibe of the Presidio, our Beaux-Arts City Hall, famous “Painted Ladies” at Alamo Square, or go down the real crookedest street in San Francisco (not Lombard). It all depends on what's best just that day.
There is no food service on Alcatraz or at the ferry. Midway through we will stop at a local market where the group can get a quick lunch and do some local people watching.
At the end of the city tour, I will drop you off at the Alcatraz ferry landing. There your ferry tickets to "the Rock" will be waiting for you. Explore the island at your leisure (most guests take two to three hours) and return on any of several ferries back to the City. From there, you can explore Pier 39 and the Fisherman's Wharf area and return to your hotel on foot, by taxi/rideshare, or by cable car.
- Hotel pickups between 9am and 9:30am (exact time depends on location and where other guests are staying that day)
- Pier 33 (Alcatraz Ferry) drop off 1:30pm
- Return from Alcatraz 4:30pm (approximate)
- Four-hour San Francisco sightseeing tour
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup in San Francisco
- Ferry ticket to Alcatraz Island
- Full access to the island and inside the cell house
- Award-winning cell house audio tour
- Gratuity for guide
- Price of lunch
- Return transport to hotel
What to Know Before you Go
- Alcatraz Cruises requires us to list all guest names on our ticket manifest.
- Pickup is available from most SF hotels.
- Blankets and warm jackets are available for your comfort in the open vehicle
- The weather in San Francisco can be highly variable. Dress in layers and bring your sense of adventure
- We will make a brief stop where your group can get lunch during the tour. The price of food is not included
- Tour price includes Alcatraz ticket price: Adults 12+ $45.25, kids 5-11 $27.55, no ticket required for kids under five -I order a limited number of Alcatraz tickets to package with my city tours. if the Alcatraz package is NOT available on the day your are travelling, you can book my morning city tour and get Alcatraz tickets direct from Alcatraz City Experiences. Book their cruise for the 2pm ferry or later, and I can drop you at the ferry landing in time to catch your boat.