A great preview of one of Philly's most dynamic and talked about foods! • 2 Hours • All ages!
One of the Best Foodie Streets in America!
- A great preview of one of Philly's most dynamic and talked about foodie neighborhoods
- With hearty bites served at multiple locations, this tour definitely amounts to a substantial serving.
- The tour concludes right when most of the restaurants are opening, so it's a perfect time to relax and catch an early dinner or cocktails
- Designed for adults, but children are welcome!
- This tour finishes 0.2 miles (4-minute walk) from the starting location.
All the Yummy Details
This fascinating walking tour explores the incredibly popular neighborhood in South Philly that's booming with cutting-edge shops and ambitious restaurants that would rather set trends than follow them. The Highlights of East Passyunk tour is the best place to get the most up-to-date scoop on all of the openings and closings in this foodie mecca that Food and Wine Magazine named one of the 10 best foodie streets in America. In case you weren't quite impressed yet, twelve out of the top 50 restaurants on Philadelphia Magazine and Foobooz's latest edition of The 50 Best Restaurants in Philadelphia are on East Passyunk Ave, and we'll show you where to find them.
This two-hour afternoon tour demystifies the places that have put East Passyunk on the map and have catapulted this quaint street from its humble beginnings into the epicenter of the city's culinary scene. We'll start at one end of the Avenue and make our way past many of the local highlights, share stories of the restaurateurs, their restaurants and bars. Along the way, we'll check out iconic landmarks and murals.
We'll be stopping into the following great places to make your mouth happy:
- Mike's BBQ for a savory and different take on Philly's most famous cuisine, washed down with a sip of a favorite beverage born from our city
- Barcelona Wine Bar to dig into empanadas and patatas bravas (salsa and garlic aioli-topped potatoes)
- Birra to enjoy one of their most popular brick oven pizzas: the pear & gruyere pizza
- Touring Philly's most famous Italian Bakery with a sweet and filling Philly-famous dessert
This tour includes enough food to make up a light meal. The timing of the tour is perfect for anyone who wants to stick around and sample the restaurants we talk about, like Laurel, Mish Mish, Ember & Ash, and River Twice, since most open right when the tour concludes.
This tour is designed to give you everything you need to know to make East Passyunk your go-to neighborhood every chance you get!
Advanced reservations are required. This tour is not designed for children under the age of 8.
Content and schedule subject to change.
In rare circumstances tours may be canceled due to low attendance.