Fully Guided • Luxury Buses • Award-Winning
Discover all the delights of Washington DC with this day-tour around the city in a closed-top luxury bus, hitting hotspots such as the White House, the U.S. Capitol Building, and the Thomas Jefferson Memorial!
• This 6-hour guided bus tour is an ultimate journey through historic Washington, DC, and nearby Northern Virginia.
• On your way to the U.S. Capitol Building, you will pass the National Archives, which houses historic U.S. documents like the "Three Charters of Freedom" -- the original Declaration of Independence, The Constitution, and the Bill of Rights. Next in view are the Canadian Embassy and the National Gallery of Art.
• Emerging in sight is the U.S. Capitol, where you take in a view of the two-mile-long, panoramic view of the Smithsonian Museums - the largest museum complex in the world, and the Washington Monument - the tallest, freestanding stone structure in the world!
• On your way to the White House, you pass the U.S. Botanic Garden, Grant’s Memorial, The U.S. Navy Memorial, the Robert F. Kennedy Department of Justice, and the J. Edgar Hoover Federal Bureau of Investigation.
• When arriving at the White House, you’ll see the Executive Residence of the President and his family and the Eisenhower Executive Office Building. This stop also includes a walk past Lafayette Park, honoring the Marquis de Lafayette, leader of French forces.
• Once you have marveled at the Jefferson Memorial and have taken lots of photos, we will visit the Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Memorial – dedicated in 2011 – just across the Tidal Basin.
• On the walking part of the tour, you will visit the Korean War Veterans Memorial, and via a nice stroll along the tree line, you will emerge in front of the Lincoln Memorial and Vietnam Veterans Memorials.
• For a unique experience, this tour offers a leisurely cruise on the Potomac River (seasonal: Apr 1 to Oct 15) with your guide, who will answer any questions you might have! We'll spend some time at beautiful Georgetown Waterfront Park for a lunch break, and after this, we re-board the bus to visit the Iwo Jima Memorial - with spectacular views of Arlington Cemetery and the Washington, D.C. landscape.
• The last stop is the Franklin Delano Roosevelt (FDR) Memorial, which will transport you back in time to the years 1933-1945. We return to the U.S. Navy Memorial at the end of the tour.
WHAT TYPE OF BUSES DOES USA GUIDED TOURS USE?
This particular tour gives you two options for tour buses - a luxury climate-controlled closed-top bus or a unique small-capacity (18 pax max) Mercedes-Benz Sprinter bus with a glass-top or open-top convertible roof that can open when the weather is friendly or retract and turn into a glass-top to protect you from the weather elements.
Our luxury closed-top buses can be substituted with larger 55-passenger buses depending upon demand and/or our tour schedule. We do our best to keep large, same-party groups together on the same bus.
Currently, our vehicles are not equipped with lifts, ramps, or other ADA-compliant features. If you are bringing a foldable wheelchair, mobility scooter, or walker, your driver will prepare an area inside the bus where your mobility device will be stored. You will be required to board and disembark the bus on your own or with the assistance of a traveling companion.