Fully Guided • Luxury Buses • Award-Winning
Perfect for those short on time, this speedy National Mall tour gets you to all the important landmarks of the city in just one afternoon!
• Your sightseeing journey of Washington, DC begins at the U.S. Navy Memorial, located in the heart of the capital, halfway between the White House and the U.S. Capitol Building.
• On your way to the U.S. Capitol Building (first stop), you will pass the National Archives, which houses historic U.S. documents - the “Three Charters of Freedom” (the original Declaration of Independence), the Constitution, and the Bill of Rights.
• Next in view are the Canadian Embassy and the National Gallery of Art. Emerging in sight is the U.S. Capitol, where you will take in a view of the two-mile-long, panoramic view of the Smithsonian Museums (the largest museum complex in the world), and the Washington Monument (the tallest, freestanding stone structure in the world)!
• On your way to the White House, you will pass the U.S. Botanic Garden, Grant's Memorial, the U.S. Navy Memorial, the Robert F. Kennedy Department of Justice, and the J. Edgar Hoover Federal Bureau of Investigation.
• When arriving at the White House, you'll see the Executive Residence of the President and his family, as well as the Eisenhower Executive Office Building. This stop also includes a walk past Lafayette Park, honoring the Marquis de Lafayette, leader of French revolutionary forces.
• Next, we stop at the National World War I, World War II, and Korean War Memorials, and along the way, you will see the headquarters of the American Red Cross, the Daughters of the American Revolution, and the Organization of American States (OAS) - representing the U.S., Canada, and 35 Latin American countries.
• Onward to our next stop - the Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Memorial – dedicated in 2011 – located just across the Tidal Basin.
• On the walking portion of the tour, you will ascend the steps of the Lincoln Memorial to observe the world-famous statue of America’s 16th president. Next is a 5-minute stroll to the Vietnam Veterans Memorial, followed by the visit to Thomas Jefferson Memorial. We end the tour back at the U.S. Navy Memorial.
WHAT TYPE OF BUSES DOES USA GUIDED TOURS USE?
We use 35-passenger luxury tour buses for our daily mixed tour groups. Private tours are scheduled on our 15-passenger mini coach buses and vans. We do our best to keep large, same-party groups together on the same bus. We reserve the right to substitute our small-capacity tour buses with larger 55-passenger buses, depending upon demand and/or our tour schedule. The 55-passenger buses have bathrooms on board for your convenience.
Currently, our vehicles are not equipped with lifts, ramps, or other ADA-compliant features. If you are bringing a foldable wheelchair, mobility scooter, or walker, your driver will prepare an area inside the bus where your mobility device will be stored. You will be required to board and disembark the bus on your own or with the assistance of a traveling companion.