Fully Guided • Luxury Buses • Award Winning
Check out historic Charlottesville and a fully guided tour of Thomas Jefferson’s sprawling plantation on one of our private bus tours to Monticello from Washington DC.
Climb aboard one of our comfortable, air-conditioned vehicles for transport from the capital to Charlottesville, to discover more about the exploits of the third US president. The two-hour drive from the city is punctuated by interesting sights and scenery, including historic Civil War battlegrounds and Virginia’s Quantico, home of the FBI Academy.
On arrival at the estate, you’ll embark on one of our expert Monticello private tours to learn all about the founding father’s unique way of life. Perched atop a hill, there is more to this elegant estate than meets the eye. Afterward, you’ll also have a chance to explore the city of Charlottesville and stop for lunch at the Michie Tavern, established in 1784. With servers in period attire, this is the perfect spot to indulge in an all-American feast before the drive back to DC.
• Over two hours to explore the iconic Monticello estate
• Expert guides to tell the tales of Thomas Jefferson
• A stop in Charlottesville and lunch at Michie Tavern
• Transport in comfortable air-conditioned vehicles
• Round Trip Transportation (Approx. 2-Hour Drive One Way)
• Explore historic Charlottesville, home to the University of Virginia!
• Walking Tour of Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello (2+ Hours)
• Dine at the historic Michie Tavern for an All-American feast! (Cost of lunch not included)