• 5 - 5.5 hours (including a lunch break)
• Meet your guide outside Independence Ave SW entrance to the Air & Space museum, by the Continuum sculpture.
• Take a combo tour of the Smithsonian’s most iconic museums on this convenient and engaging experience.
• This 5 to 5.5 hour private combo museum tour will lead you to the National Air and Space Museum before moving to the National Museum of American History. explore how the United States is looking forward to the future by discovering everything from the early history of flight to the Space Race and moon landings.
• Then Hear the tale of a ragtag group of colonists who built one of the world’s most powerful countries.
• This tour is in English.
Private Museum Tour
Professional Tour Guide Exclusively For You
Duration 5 - 5.5 Hours (Including Lunch Break)
Tour price does NOT include hotel pickup or drop-off (we recommend UBER or Taxi)
Tour price does NOT include gratuities (optional)
Full Tour Description
Take a combo tour of the Smithsonian’s most iconic museums on this convenient and engaging experience. This 5 to 5.5 hour private guided museum combo tour will lead you to the National Air and Space Museum before moving to the National Museum of American History. Explore how the United States is looking forward to the future by discovering everything from the early history of flight to the Space Race and moon landings. Then Hear the tale of a ragtag group of colonists who built one of the world’s most powerful countries.
Start at the the National Air and Space Museum to learn all about the country’s more futuristic side. From the Apollo 11 Command Module to real moon rocks, the National Air and Space Museum has some of the most out-of-this-world artifacts. You’ll see earlier examples of planes like the Wright Brother’s aircraft and the Spirit of St. Louis, which successfully crossed the Atlantic Ocean before such a feat seemed commonplace. Your guide will discuss the myths behind the mysterious disappearance of famed pilot Amelia Earhart. Come face to face with space suits used by astronauts working on the Hubble telescope and see the two story back ups for the Hubble telescope and the early space station Skylab dominate your field of vision and since the originals stayed in space, this is the best way to get up close and personal! Moonwalk by lunar modules as you discover the history of the world’s leading air and space program including the innovation and technology that made it possible to land a man on the moon. There’s even freeze dried ice cream in the gift shop to complete the experience.
Then after a break for lunch, move to the National Museum of American History, which traces this ascent through a one-of-a-kind collection of items including the actual banner that inspired the country’s national anthem. Learn about the first president, George Washington, while viewing his sword and discover how Hollywood has helped shape this country when you check out Dorothy’s ruby red slippers. Discuss segregation through the Greensboro lunch counter and the role of women through the first ladies’ gowns. This tour will help you to understand the turbulent history that has marked the United States of America.