The Griffith Observatory Hike
Los Angeles, CA
2.5 hours • 3.5 mi / 5.6 km Round-Trip • Every day at 10 AM and Sunset
This hike departs 2 times a Day. 10 AM and Sunset. See below for specific sunset times. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Sightseeing & Exercise. Perfect for all!
Believe it or not, LA is truly a hiker’s paradise. You'll be amazed by the natural beauty and breathtaking views you’ll encounter on this daytime adventure high into the hills. Your guide will take you up to the summit of Mount Hollywood where you’ll see all of LA---from the skyscrapers of downtown to Beverly Hills and beyond. Plus, we’ll hike to a vista overlooking the Hollywood sign and tell you the fascinating story of its history.
Also included is a tour of the recently refurbished Griffith Park Observatory. Bring your camera--this is a view and excursion to remember for a lifetime.
Length: 2.5 Hours
Fitness Level: Moderate
Distance: 3.5 miles / 5.6 km round-trip
What is provided:
• Expert tour guide
• Bottle of water
What to Bring:
• Comfortable shirt and shorts/pants
• Jacket/Windbreaker or Sweatshirt (weather depending)
• Closed-toe shoes
What to Expect:
• We’ll be walking to the summit of Mount Hollywood along what is widely considered to be an easy to moderate hiking trail
• Guests joining this experience should be in good health with a beginner to intermediate fitness expectation who are able to walk 3.5 miles and aren’t afraid to break a sweat
• Guests should not have a fear of heights
• Young children are welcome but should be able to hike on their own. NO STROLLERS!
• Guests will be provided with water upon check in to stay hydrated throughout the hike (especially important in the warm summer months!)
BIKES & HIKES LA