Come walk in the steps of heroes by getting a behind the scenes tour of the Yorktown featuring exclusive access to areas of the ship not normally accessible to the general public.
• Step in an original B-25 Mitchell Bomber which was the same model of aircraft used by Doolittle’s Raiders in their attack of mainland Japan.
• Take a look at the day in the life of a sailor aboard the Yorktown and gain a true understanding of why it is referred to as a floating city.
• Discover the original Captain’s Quarters and hear about the men who commanded such titanic vessels including the Yorktown’s first Captain, Adm. Joseph J. Clark.
• Anchors away! Explore the anchor room or forecastle of the Yorktown and see the inner workings of the ship.
• Examine some of the mighty aircraft that flew off the deck of the Yorktown while in service while enjoying a beautiful view of Charleston's harbor.