West Village Food Tour
Starting at $69 | 3 Hours | New York
West Village Food & History Tour
Don’t fall for the culinary tourist traps when you’re in Manhattan! Sidewalks of NY offers irresistible New York Food Tours in the cultural hotspot of the West Village.
Ask any New Yorker where to find the best pizza, hamburger, cupcake, bagel, dim sum or coffee, and they will undoubtedly reply with a strong opinion. Time Out New York dedicates entire issues to the "Best-of list" in 50+ categories.
Our expert foodies have done extensive and delicious research to offer you the ultimate Best-of Food Tour. The tastes, traditions, and old-world class of these landmark establishments are a true New York experience. It's no coincidence these foods can all be found in the historic and savory West Village. Let the debate begin!
Our 3-hour West Village Food Tasting & Cultural Walking Tour includes:
• A variety of delicious foods from the best specialty food stores to ethnic eateries
• Enjoy the quaint tree-lined streets and architecture of the West Village
• Our fun, fascinating, and knowledgeable tour guide will divulge tidbits of information only locals know
• Walk hidden streets in the West Village, where we may be the only people on the street
• View the apartment building where Monica from Friends lived
• Learn about the hangouts of the Beat Generation and Bob Dylan
• Taste the best bagel, pizza, and cupcakes in the city without the lines
Flavorful food specialties are served from: (subject to change)
• Sweet Revenge – Unique cupcake & drink pairings in a cozy neighborhood setting (Est. 2008)
• Mamoun’s Falafel – The oldest falafel restaurant in the city (Est. 1971)
• Faicco's Italian Specialties – Mom-and-Pop shop owned and operated by a fourth generation of the Faicco family (Est. 1900)
• Hudson Bagels – Authentic New York bagels; always boiled before baked (Est. 1997)
• Artichoke Pizza – Serious pizza aficionados (Est. 2008)
• Molly's Cupcakes – Finalist on the Food Network's Cupcake Wars, named after the owner's third grade teacher (Est. 2011)
Behind every great food establishment in this city there is an equally great story of history, tradition and even innovation. On our food tours in New York City, you’ll discover these amazing histories while tasting what has made these eateries so prized among locals.
Discover just what makes Sidewalks of NY food tours the best in the city!
What Is Not Included?:
• One bottle of water is included. Additional drinks may be purchased on your own.
• Tip for your food tour guide. It's customary to tip your guide 15%-20% of the purchase price.
Bleecker and MacDougal Streets (New York, NY)
The tour will depart from in front of the Porto Rico Importing Co located at 201 Bleecker St, New york (10012). The closest subway stop is the West 4th Street stop on the A, C, E, B, D or F trains. You can also take the 6 train to Bleecker St and walk West about 8.5 blocks. If you are lost or running late, you may meet the group at the first food stop Sweet Revenge (62 Carmine Street) or call us at 877-568-6877 and we'll try to help you find the group.
The closest subway stop is the West 4th Street stop on the A, C, E, B, D or F trains. Exit subway station and walk in the opposite direction of traffic, going south along 6th Ave. Make a left at Bleecker Street and the Porto Rico Importing Co will be on your left about half way down the block.
You can also take the 6 train to Bleecker St and walk West about 8.5 blocks. Once you pass MacDougal St, the Porto Rico Importing Co will be on your right about half way down the block.
Minetta Garage located at 122 West 3rd Street just off of 6th Ave. Walk right out of the garage and make a right onto MacDougal Street. Take a right at Bleecker Street and the meeting location is at 201 Bleecker Street.
Please review the seller’s policies for this activity. Once tickets are purchased, these are binding.
• Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
• Activity takes place rain or shine.
The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
Sidewalk Food Tours
For your convenience, OwnOutdoors lists an approximate price to the best of our ability. OwnOutdoors does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. Please contact the seller for details.